www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Blogging On Blogging On Blogging

I think I'm done now -- well soon, at least. I realized that my blog has been affected in two ways recently...

First, when I joined animation school, the total random nature of it (which I miss and hope to recover somewhat) faded quickly into classroom status reports. This is not bad, but the total lack of subjects like "Why do we perceive a color circle when light wavelengths increase in a straight line?" indicates a lack of balance. When did I last post a disocvered "42"???

Second, when MSN put its blog sites into a deep freeze (which I know some of you can't see... it doesn't happen on my fastest computer), I came over here and started blogging on blogging, putting all else on hold. Subject matter went to discussing photo sites and storage sites (storage is a carryover from MSN, too). All the tech talk was boring to regular users but not techy enough to attract the tech geeks.

So, I'm here and settled. The last virtual box has been unpacked -- I have storage for video and pictures and the ability to blog as I had before (if not a bit better due to HTML access). I'm going to be careful not to clutter up my page with all the lists I have on MSN. They weren't changing much, and were probably only interesting to first-time readers anyway. I'm in a conundrum over the floating head. It worked so well over there and generated a protest when I removed it, but this site looks better in sleek black with the 6 random images from Flickr on top.

Hopefully, I can come up with some more "off the top of my head" things again and also really keep the family stuff going (since we're backing up and printing our pictures through Flickr, I have more incentive to get them uploaded). I'll also keep you fully up to date on the animation front. The projects are getting bigger and don't require as frequent updates. A structure growing to completion through a series of 30K JPG's is interesting. 20MB animation files in an incomplete state are a bit of a burden. You'll still get the updates, though.

Time and other obligations permitting, I want more of my mind in this blog. More balance. I hope you notice some subject matter improvements soon.

No more blogging on blogging!

4 Comments:

Blogger MamaChristy said...

Ok, I do understand your frustration and why you moved.

What irritates me is that I only moved to Spaces from BlogSpot because that's where everybody I wanted to blog with was posting.

That and I really like my background and I'm about 90% sure MSN would hunt me down and feed me to the screaming mimis if I stole it for another blog.

Bummer.

Anyway, really glad you lke your new spot and looking forward to what you have planned!

18 August, 2006 09:01  
Blogger MamaChristy said...

I'm back, just to let you know I resonded to your comment on my own blog. I'm so very sorry if I sounded upset to you. It was definetly just chagrin, not anger. Just funny how things work: I start out here, the people I like are there. I go there, you all come here!

18 August, 2006 16:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, I read all with interest!

20 August, 2006 17:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ahem* I like your school progress reports....

Understand why ya fel you had to move....kids sucks as msn spaces was fun for me. I don't know if I will join the exodus but I have my spot reserved if I make the move. :)

27 August, 2006 09:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home