www.flickr.com

Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally in CA!!!

I made it into California at about 7:30pm (PST) last night. I made the calls I needed to make, ate a quick meal, and went to bed early at 10pm (which still, to some degree, felt like 1am to me!).

The trip was a major success. I took one wrong exit and ended up headed into downtown Los Angeles, but had it corrected with my host's help within 10 minutes.

The trip was actually fun for the most part. I suffered a little anxiety over being alone in the middle of the desert here and there, but the car never threatened to overheat, and the road was pretty good for the most part. Even the construction areas never dropped below 60MPH.

A major highlight of the trip was meeting Aynde and Stud Hombre, with whom I've been blogging buddies now for about 18 months! BTW, she's as cool in person as she is in her blog.
Aynde and Family

There is also a sense of accomplishment to driving 12-plus hours per day for three days straight! I can now check off "driving cross country" on my life-long list of to-do's.

Today, I've got a nasty little headache (sinus? eyestrain? exhaustion? who knows?). Anyway, I'm nursing it along, hoping it's gone for tomorrow, when I start work. I'm glad I scheduled a "down day" between the trip and first day.

Thanks to all who put up with long boring phone calls during the trip and helped me maintain a little sanity! Travel adventure over, career adventure JUST beginning!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap, dude! Out in my neck of the woods, and no email? I had to find out from Aynde! pfft.

Meanie.

*cry*

13 June, 2007 02:22  
Blogger Sue said...

Holy crap! Have I missed a lot or what??? Nothing like DQ monopolizing every free moment. I've been scanning the last couple of months to read up on your antics. CONGRATULATIONS! This is SO exciting! A job AND you met Aynde in person!!!! Woo Hoo! I am so very excited for you and your family. Well deserved Eric.

Sue : )

13 June, 2007 17:52  
Blogger Aynde said...

man we take terrible pictures. *laughs* Darn Sun. The Material Girl decided to forgo the squinting and turn her back. Maybe she was the smart one. :D

Hope things are going good on the job!!

13 June, 2007 19:01  
Blogger Eric said...

Cara - I don't HAVE your e-mail!!! I left mine on your blog in a comment, but you never wrote! phbbtt! ;) Write me!!!!

Sue - No worries! I have been a baaaaad blogger for a while. Could happen again, as work is quite all-consuming, but I'll try to keep posting.

Aynde - The pics are great... maybe not from a photographic perspective, but for memories! I am still telling people about the timing of your comment and about meeting you and your family! :D

13 June, 2007 22:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home