www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hey Eric? Where are those blog entries you promised?

Heehee... good question.

I vowed to give myself a week off everything after leaving school to rest up from the pre-graduation rush. That totally failed to happen. :) With visitors in town, and a surprise job interview, and some follow up work on the Star Trek shots, I kinda kept busy.

So, I said to myself... why don't I take the next week to cool down and see if that goes any better. Well... that totally failed to happen, too. :) The one shot I took over in the Star Trek redux took three times as long (at least!) as I expected. This is not because things went wrong, but because I don't do the whole "time estimates" thing very well... even more so since the move from my familiar world of computer programming to the "no concrete definition of finished" world of digital artistry.

So, I said to myself, not this week... T7's celebrating his First Communion and the in-laws will be arriving for the week before. Soon after that, my sister and her family will be arriving for the event itself and some time after.

Doing nothing is HARD WORK!

So, I've had a wonderful week tooling about with family, but I'm beat to a pulp! The boys, also beat to a pulp, were very happy to spend time with their 10-year old triplet cousins! That's 6 kids, mind you, and only four adults to control them. But luckily, the gods of child behavior smiled on us and everyone did quite well.

And, now I've given up on "doing nothing" and am just looking to the next thing to keep me busy and possibly attain some employment. I'll be hitting school and joining up with one of the many projects they have going. They are all quite interesting, but I can only reveal one at this point... the next graduating class is working a project called "Aurora", which takes place in a dystopian Russia in the future. The artwork I've seen thus far is incredible, and looks to be part of a great project. But I have to see where I'm needed and which of those tasks appeals to me most. It's not employment, but it will keep me close to the craft and those who will recommend me for employment.

Oh... and I mentioned the one interview above. One final sentence summed up the whole experience... "Please keep us informed on any future projects you may be involved in." Not setting the expectations meter too high on that one. But I have other reels floating around out there, and will continue to send even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home