www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 07, 2007

At Random...

Here are some random observations I've made in time...

  • I prefer songs that tell stories over those that profess love or a desire to dance ("Space Oddity" by David Bowie, "The Old Apartment" by Barenaked Ladies, "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead). Don't really know why, but I do.
  • Tattle-tale stories progress in reverse time.
    "He hit me!"
    "But he called me stupid."
    "Only after he broke my toy."
    ...
    "Yeah, as soon as he was BORN!"
    I believe this could go all the way back to the big bang if unchecked.
  • One can spend all one's time analyzing life and neglect to live it.
  • You can accumulate a LOT of recyclables if your pick-up day is cancelled due to both Christmas and New Year's Day.
  • Children have to be awakened on school days, but will wake up plenty early on their days off.
  • Christmas lights reflect more brightly off of children's eyes than any other surface.
  • Perception is reality. Therefore, the world truly is blurry before I get my contact lenses in.
  • My closest friends are my farthest friends.

Oh, I'm sure I have dozens more of these, but I need to get going at the moment. I'm looking to get a Bluetooth adapter for my computer... then I can start downloading pictures from my cell phone again (New phone, working camera, but no way to get pics to the computer currently).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger deannie said...

Here are a couple other random thoughts:

Doesn't (fill in favorite dessert, vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup for me) taste as good now as it did when you were a kid?

Sunshine on my shoulders really does make me happy, how about you?

07 January, 2007 21:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I only speed when cops are around?

If you can't hold your liquor --- have someone else hold it for you!

Second Life is sometimes not Second and sometimes it is not a Life at all.

10 January, 2007 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home