www.flickr.com

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

This post goes out to my friend Caz Wahula, who tagged me on my MSN blog almost a week ago (sorry, Caz!). I am being punished with presenting 6 weird things about me (I could have just cut and pasted 6 items from my 101, but I went with "original" items).

  1. In order to avoid hogging the bed, I roll over in place. This causes the fitted bottom sheet to bunch up underneath me as I sleep. I wake up on a replica of the San Andreas fault.
  2. I can roll my tongue 180 degrees in one direction, then smoothly turn it a full 360 degrees to end up upside down twisted in the other direction.
  3. I stretch incessantly. I hook my knees under the desk and stretch backwards over the chair at work or school. Without my knees, the chair and I would certainly go over backward. I don't remember doing this at home, but my computer chair here recently broke... the back fell off. Do the math.
  4. I don't care the severity of the situation... there's virtually always room for a joke. When I was shot and about to receive a chest tube, I asked the anesthesiologist for a second consent form. She asked if I'd messed up the first form. I said, "No, I want two doses." This humor prompted the doctors to ask my wife if there was something wrong with me. She informed them it was just the opposite... it confirmed I was acting normally (well, for me).
  5. Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Trees? What trees? Look at the texture of this BARK! There are trees here? I tend to obsess over the tiniest of details, sometimes at the expense of even the small picture.
  6. I get food routines. They can last for months at a time... or years. I've had half a piece of Starbuck's marble loaf and a coffee every possible day for at least two years (other half gets saved for the next day for financial and caloric reasons). When I discovered Jersey Mike's subs, I ate there virtually every day for at least 3 months. I used to go to Chick-Fil-A every single day (except group outings) when I was working full time. Repetitive meals don't bother me in the least... in some cases.

If you know me... have fear. This punishment is intended to be passed on. Perhaps I'll spare Rosa, as she's new to the blogsphere (speaking of which... I owe her a post of her own to welcome my good friend to blogging!). All others are fair game! ;)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Eric !! Hooray I'm spared!! *breathes a sigh of relief* very interesting six items.. I laughed at 1,3,5 and 6 and reason two ..*raises eyebrow* ..haha!

14 December, 2006 06:27  
Blogger deannie said...

I am done with my list! http://deannietime.blogspot.com/2006/11/6-weird-things-about-you.html

I totally cracked up at #5!

hugs,

14 December, 2006 11:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As to #4 on the list. The doctors were very perseptive in this case. They had the diagnosis 100% correct.

15 December, 2006 13:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband has food routines too. I can't take them sometimes! *L*

15 December, 2006 19:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home