www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

PDA Video As Submitted

Here we go... final version. Not much different than the last, and the changes are almost not worth posting (I doubt you can tell at all in Flash video). However, I can't leave the "almost final" without the "final".



I tweaked the sound a bit. Primarily the impact of the AT-AT on the ground (and it was a little blown out at parts before). I think it placed pretty well as far as the assignment is concerned, but there were a couple that were just mind blowing. I really have to learn to unleash the old imagination with these things.

Problem is, if you enhance in a way the teacher didn't expect, it's counted as a negative. I just never know how to make that call. For example, one guy, instead of dropping screens off the bottom as they transition, made them shrink like turning off an old TV. Very impressive effect, but very negative comments from the teacher. Others put elaborate frames around the video like it was in video player software. They were commended. Not knowing how "creativity" will be greeted has kept me pretty tight to the project guidelines.

4 Comments:

Blogger deannie said...

Wow, my PDA only has a single password and email and stuff is not nearly as intersting as the 'Top Secret' info in your PDA. the differing sound effects definitely keep it interesting.

20 October, 2006 01:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty cool stuff. Thx for popping in.

20 October, 2006 09:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this one! You are kickin' some ass in this class!!

20 October, 2006 12:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sucks that any extra creative elements could be harmful rather than helpful. :( Not even an E for effort. LOL!

I can't wait to see what's next!

24 October, 2006 19:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home