www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stick a fork in me...

I'm DONE!



Some of you wanted to know what was wrong that needed to be fixed, and I thank you so much for your vote of confidence! :) I'm going to give you the opportunity to go back and forth between videos looking for corrections, but only if you'd like to.
  1. The background was overdone (can't get away with reusing that desert scene too many times, I guess). :) Teacher suggested something simpler that would contrast with the subject without taking attention away from her.
  2. Hands still drifting from the handles. I spent a lot of time addressing this, as it seemed when you touched the hands, they were messed up for the rest of the ride, meaning a complete touch up of the whole zip-line part.
  3. Upon bar grab, she swung forward, but not backward enough.
  4. The jump from the stand to the bar was almost in slow motion. Speed it up, and the hands don't line up with the bars again for the ride (see #2).
  5. At the end, she didn't travel far enough after letting go.
  6. She goes up and flips and comes down. No "hang time" at the top. Had to stretch that out.
  7. Camera was panning too much. Teacher suggested leaving the camera still, and using two "shots".

If you look SUPER carefully, you'll see that for a frame or two, one of her hands still goes right through the handlebar upon the grab/hang sequence. But I ran out of time and had to get the kids.

So, I'm sure you can see differences in this one, but can you see the subtle nuances. I know it's hard to tell in a flash video, but I expect some of them show. Truth is, even without training, if you watch these over and over, the problems become more apparent.

Thanks for all the nice comments and support!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

That looks great! You've got a winner! This one looks better. You're right about the jump. You are getting so good at this!

Sue

21 September, 2006 20:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed by the shadowing! Thinking, too, that your kids must be loving watching you do your homework.

-cindy

22 September, 2006 07:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work look so professional, Eric. The attention to detail is quite obvious. Neato mosquito! (Ok... sorry for using one of my famous "Mom" phrases, but it works in this case.)

22 September, 2006 08:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"looks" *sheesh* It's Friday and my editor took the day off. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

22 September, 2006 08:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great and I think your prof gave you some really good feedback. I think he was right about the background. :) (as if I had any knowledge or skills...tphtphtph! )

24 September, 2006 20:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much I have missed...what a rush to take in this project all at once. Your continued progress is simply a joy to observe.

Many Congratulations on another successful project completed.

hugs,

25 September, 2006 18:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home