www.flickr.com

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Had to post this one!

This is my grade grid so far. I was especially happy with the "Nice Work" comment on the facial animation (the zombie head). I am personally doing the "YES!!!" pose commonly associated with the guy who just spiked a football in the endzone. Don't get used to sports references... they'll be EXTREMELY rare.

One (crazy, hectic, BUSY) week left in the quarter! Due to a compressed class schedule, we won't be doing the demo reel project. Some of the others have not yet received a grade.

This one was due at end of class this past Friday. We were given the complete character and he was all set up for animation. We just had to do 10 defined poses and two of our own choosing. Any guesses as to which I chose and which were assigned?
By the way, I'm expecting to take a hit on "Hero - High Five". He looks more like "Howdy Neighbor!" to me. He was a sacrifice in the name of getting this done on time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open Jar and Swing Hammer?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! on the grades. I bet your Dad is smiling really big right now, just so proud of you! You ROCK!

hugs,

17 September, 2006 18:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed a break from work.

You're grades are impressive.

Opening jar!!!!! Swing hammer!!!!! I do love your sense of humor. I believe that is a true trademark of an animation expert. A sense of humor.

Thanks for your kind words. If I blog whilst on painkiller I'm coming here first! ;-)

Angei

17 September, 2006 22:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the "Howdy Neighbor" comment. I must agree with you on that. (Or "Howz it goin'" maybe?)

I do hope you're able to get a reprieve soon... sounds like you're getting pounded with work both inside and outside of the home. Although, by the looks of your grades, you're doing a fantabulous job. :)

Keep up the great work, Eric!

18 September, 2006 07:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Lifting' and 'Open Jar'?

Great work on all of this! And can you believe someday soon, you'll get paid to play with this stuff all day! Life is good.

-cindy

18 September, 2006 10:23  
Blogger Eric said...

OK, you all nailed the easy one. :) Superheroes generally aren't known for opening jars, but it's my own personal super power, so I included it.

The other one was rope hang. And it was a mistake. I mixed up "Hang" and "Rope Swing" and made that pose, then realized I wasn't supposed to. Voila! Instant "extra pose!"

Thanks for all the kind comments!

18 September, 2006 15:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home