www.flickr.com

Monday, August 28, 2006

Second Life

OK, when they called it Second Life, they didn't indicate its ability to suck you away from your first. This is "The Sims meets chat rooms", and you're seeing me (towel dutifully strapped over the shoulder!) in my own Second Life.

An article in Popular Science indicated you could build things here. I joined on the hopes that I could exercise my 3D building skills. I have no doubt that's true, but I need to feel it out a bit first. The place is HUGE... and just about all of it was built by the residents, not the hosting company. To really build, you need to get a paid subscription, and mine is free.

My only question... where are all the "normal females"? Not that I have any problem with vamps, but if just a few were walking around in jeans and tees, the family friendly factor would be a bit higher. As is, I go in after the kids are asleep.

So, in the meantime, let's call this a passing phase, addictive as it may be. My recommendation... definitely check this out -- even if temporarily -- just to get the nature of it. Just remember it's your second life, and keep yourself anchored in your first!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh....A Second life! Can it be "secret"? Yeah.....I need to lead a second secret life and then exploit it by selling the movie rights to the lifetime channel!

29 August, 2006 14:37  
Blogger Sue said...

That's Second Life or Secret Life?? I haven't done anything Sims in years. Tempting.....

: ) Sue

29 August, 2006 20:43  
Blogger Chris said...

Your comment about the "normal females" makes me think of comic book women. More disproportionate than Barbie ever could be. Can't think of many women that wouldn't break in two if they had the busts and hips of Wonder Woman rotating on a 10" waist. And why are they like that? Guys draw 'em...

Keep your wedding ring on when you stroll around in your second life, my friend. :)

29 August, 2006 20:50  
Blogger Eric said...

My marital status and lack of interest in romance is always in my profile in any chat environment.

But I don't see this turning into a true habit, anyway.

29 August, 2006 23:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sometimes even that isn't a deterrent. *roll eyes* ugh the internet.... LOL

30 August, 2006 13:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home