www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Our big finale for Compositing class...

Attached is a video we made as a culmination of all we've learned this quarter. We watched the movie "I, Robot" as reference. We were each given a task for a robot to perform. Mine was the FedEx robot (how coincidental, as in the film, he has a "42" plastered on his head!). We were told not to copy the movie's robots, but to make one that would fit in seamlessly in the film's setting.

As for the elements of the video, I was charged with:
  • Writing the story.
  • Getting the actor (or acting myself).
  • Directing the video shoot (someone else shot the video).
  • Directing the motion capture session.
  • Building the robot.
  • Animating the robot (applying the motion capture data to the robot so he fits in the scene).
  • Voicing the robot and an unseen character.
  • Putting the whole thing together to create the final scene.

All that said, here it is (a quick note... the published version here seems to have a very quiet soundtrack, so if you don't hear anything, try raising the volume)...

I really hope you like it. Especially if you're in charge of an animation or special effects team and looking for a budding artist!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty neat! What does the girl say to the robot at the beginning though?

20 December, 2006 09:01  
Blogger Eric said...

In a bow to Jaqui's British heritage, after the confusion ensues over which way to go, she shouts, "GO LEFT!", as would be normal in the UK.

Since I squeeze a little Hitchhiker's Guide into everything, I thought it fitting to use a British actor in my scene.

20 December, 2006 13:56  
Blogger deannie said...

Aww, he is a sad FedEx delivery robot, isn't he?!?

I loved this, your progress is once again highlighted here!

21 December, 2006 09:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He needs a robot buddy! Congrats on this; nice work.h

29 December, 2006 13:55  
Blogger Aynde said...

I'm too late I didn't get to see it! DARN! I am sure it was fabulous. :)

14 January, 2007 12:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home