www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Our Final Project

Yes, I know, it's been forever since I posted, and even LONGER since I mentioned school. Well, usually, when I talk school, I like to post examples of what we're doing. I have to apologize early... you won't be seeing any in this post.

The project we're doing is different from previous classes in that it's not an entirely in-house production. We are working with this group (the image is a link):



These guys have invested great efforts in continuing the original Star Trek series from 1966. As the show only lasted 3 years, they would like to produce the remaining two years worth of shows to fulfil the "5 year mission".

We are acting as a visual effects house for the film, producing space shots, some interior sets, and even some cosmetic enhancements.

The effects are coming along incredibly, but the countdown clock is racing toward zero at a dizzying pace. Most of the class is working extra hours daily, as well as weekends. We're expecting it will be worth the effort!

So... that's where I've been. I've been planning a post on this for so long, and somehow never got it out there. I apologize for my apparent disappearance.

I'll try to be more diligent about posting, but at our recent pace, I can't offer any promises. Just realize, it's all good stuff!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the final countdown begin! The blogosphere misses you, but there's only so many hours in a day. I know you'll be back. Patience is a virtue, right? Best of luck to you with the big project.

23 February, 2007 12:10  
Blogger deannie said...

Sounds like fun! And I do love Star Trek. Glad you are doing well.

Hugs,

24 February, 2007 12:29  
Blogger Christine said...

Sounds like a HUGE project! Enjoy it.

Christine

26 February, 2007 12:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey long time no see!!
how's it hanging? u o.k :)

14 March, 2007 14:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home