www.flickr.com

Monday, April 02, 2007

A Touch More On Graduation...

As I mentioned to my friend Rosa, I knew I would forget some very important details in my post about graduation. Rather than sneak in and edit the previous post, I thought it would be better to put up a new one in honor of those I left out the first time around.

The first thing I cannot believe I left out of the post was my dad. In passing, he gave me the opportunity to pursue this. In honor of him, I didn't quit or slack off when things got overwhelming. I owe the entire experience to him, and I think somewhere, he's smiling down on me at this point for fulfilling a dream. I never learned from him what his dream would have been, but I suspect it would have had something to do with singing. After retiring from the phone company, he became an avid karaoke enthusiast. Within the club where he did this, he had his own microcosm of celebrity. People there knew him and cheered him on when he got up to sing. He never got to go professional, but I'm happy he found the niche he needed to explore and enjoy the activity.

The other thing I left out was that my sister, Lynda, flew her family down to celebrate and spend the weekend with us. My other sister, Caroline, would have, but had another trip planned for the same time period. She'll be here in a month, though. :) I was so happy to have some extended family around and to spend some quality time with her. It was all on short notice, because I was short-sighted (i.e. buried up to my neck in Star Trek!) and had neglected to see the importance of the event to those around me. My wife coordinated the trip without my knowledge, and I found out when Lynda sent me an e-puzzle that, when assembled, formed a note announcing their plans. It was such a wonderful gesture, and I loved having you in the audience at the premiere, Lynda!! Thank you!

I think I got everyone now, and I hope my sister and father will forgive me for such blatantly obvious exclusions from the announcement notice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Hi Eric. Just thought I'd pop in to say hi. Thanks for the acknowledgments, although totally unneccessary. I didn't have to think twice about coming when Michelle first mentioned it. We were excited to be there and really enjoyed the graduation ceremony. I hope something BIG comes from all your sacrafices and hard work. However, we'd really like to see you in July...so I'm a bit biased as to when I'd like to see you start working!...just kidding!!! Anyway, Caroline should be in Florida by now. Hope you all have a nice weekend together celebrating T2's (did I get that right?) First Communion.

Love,
Lynda

20 April, 2007 21:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home