www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Those Promised Details

OK, this is going to have to be a really quick post. Hope I get it all correct. I'm leaving out names to protect the innocent. :)

Friday, last week, I heard I "had a job" and all but had to be told so. So, I got just a few details and hugged my cell phone all day just in case it rang. No such luck.

All weekend, I was pins and needles. I'd heard about opportunities before, and they fell through before I even got the call.

Monday, I was told, "it's going to happen!", but I kept up my guard. At about 2:30, I was given a name and a phone number and told to go ahead and call from the school parking lot (no reception inside, but my instructor meant "don't go home!"). I did, and I was offered the job sight unseen. :) "I loved your demo reel!", I was told.

I am working for a small company, something of an upstart. Again, so as not to offend, I'm leaving this intentionally vague. However, I can share that the owner of the company is VERY well established in the Lightwave 3D community, and has done some work you have undoubtedly seen. I was offered a salary that was not quite what I'd been making before, but significantly above the "acceptable minimum required to switch careers" I'd set back when I started school.

Here's the shocker (for some of you, at least). It's in HOLLYWOOD, CA! I will be spending 3 days on the road (I'll be back to help the family move, but my car won't). I have a contact out there who will let me borrow their guest room until I can get something semi-permanent established. The family will follow, not terribly far behind.

So... that's about as much as I can share openly at this time. I'm thinking it's quite a bit, actually! I hope to keep you up to date on this as the whole migratory story unfolds!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aviatrixt said...

Hi Eric! Sorry it's been a little while, but holy huge news, Batman! Congratulations. I hope the move to Lalaland goes as smoothly as possible.

Cheers!
Tamara

07 June, 2007 05:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I knew your Starbucks coffee cup post was a forshadowing of a move-to-California announcement. That's great news, since I've never been to California! I've also never been to Alaska, so for your next career shift, think about commercial salmon fishing. Promise us you won't get all Hollywood on us.

07 June, 2007 06:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats, Eric! That's great to hear. Haven't seen you much lately, but wanted to say good luck and break a leg. When you inevitably you end up at the Playboy Mansion, I expect lots of pictures. Good luck!

07 June, 2007 09:48  
Blogger Aynde said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! YAY!!! Don't you jsut relish the stress of a move across these United States?? Yeah I didn't either and I only had to move across 4 states.

If you need to make a pit stop in Texas and you're in the Houston Area look me up!

08 June, 2007 18:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home