www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 16, 2007

First Week Finished

"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?"

    Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

I've finished my first week at work. And what a week... every day, out the door before 9am, back in the door after 9pm. But the work and the company are fantastic! It's just a few of us, in an office building that was once a little hotel. It was a hectic week because it was only four days and there was a deliverable to the client on Friday afternoon. We made it!

Animating the giant squid

In addition to the hours, though, was the commute. I am being put up by a friend, and she lives about 30 miles from my workplace. That's 30 "Los Angeles" miles, mind you. They don't go by fast. Michelle and I are hoping to live significantly closer to both of our jobs (which are about 10-15 minutes away from each other). We'll see what the real estate fairy drops in our laps. :)

In any case, if you look at the picture, you can see a hint of what we're making. There's a giant squid holding a submarine on my screen. How cool!!!

OK... off to meet with some friends for dinner. Just wanted to drop a quick post and let you know what I am up to! Oh, by the way, nobody tucks in their shirts in this town. You want that story?

7 Comments:

Blogger MamaChristy said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I started a new job not very long ago, but it's really just an extension of my current one, in the same building, etc. It is, however, a LOT of new stuff to learn and a great opportunity for future growth so I'm loving every second.

You know, you aren't tooooooo far from Cara now. If you can dig her out of her boards exams, you should say hi to her next. Then I'll be the only one left out (sniffle).

17 June, 2007 16:21  
Blogger Eric said...

Heehee... I spoke with Cara on the phone yesterday. Her test was really brutal. Hope some time away will relax her a bit.

Great to hear from you! Congrats on the new job!

17 June, 2007 16:32  
Blogger Chris said...

The wife and I once travelled to LA and stayed in a hotel 20 miles away from the LAX thinking it'd be close. We barely made our flight! Good luck with the home search!

Glad your first week went well. I'll be looking for a giant squid to show up on something we watch. But the first 2 things I noticed in your picture: the alien and the Herbie the Love Bug t-shirt. You look very much at home there!

18 June, 2007 04:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man... lol thanks, nun night was fun... although my nun friend acted very un-nun like by kissing a fella!!

i don't know...

hope you are well and everything is going o.k for you!

next outing we are going out as policewomen...
the photos can only get worse ha ha ha

19 June, 2007 01:43  
Blogger Aynde said...

Glad things are going well! I am hoping the real estate fairy bestows on you a great home!

Hot Rod has been noticing a lot more computer animation and digital effects in things we watch and then asking " did Eric do that? Is that the kind of stuff he does?" I'll have to tell him to keep an eye out for giant squid. *laughs*

19 June, 2007 19:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you..
Did you sell the house here?
And make sure there is a spare room for me to rent when I finally make it out that way. lol
Stay well!

25 June, 2007 07:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So exciting Eric! And so interesting and inspiring to see how people, especially those with a family, can make it work and still make their dreams come true! Like I said, inspiring!

I am back at DCL and loving it! However, I am still jealous of my boyfriend, a programmer/code-fixer, who walks out the door for work in jeans and flip-flops everyday! ;-) ENJOY!

31 July, 2007 06:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home