www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Vagabond Life

My friend Rosa ends every one of her posts with a little poem, most often custom written to go with the post. I thought I'd join in the spirit with one of my own as I near the end of my stay at the hotel and head back to my friend's guest room. Michelle's arrival and closing on the house are less than a week away! And the kids will be here soon after!



Tomorrow night
We reunite,
My beloved computer and me.
It's wrong for a geek
To be apart for a week
From his favorite technology.

The little hotel
Was kept so well
By unseen maids but at such cost
With evenings spent
In deep lament
Over the socialization I lost.

With family and friends
At the furthest ends
Of the country where it's three hours ahead
Even my phone
Left me alone
Since it's rude to wake someone in bed.

But in just a week or two
My family will be here, too
And my computer will have its new home
So, when all are in bed
Back online I will head
And when they're awake, I will not be alone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice poem.

24 July, 2007 20:51  
Blogger julie said...

hi eric-
i linked to your blog through CL's blog (caffeinated librarian)...

question completely unrelated to your post, but:

how did you get that neat line of photos to appear at the top of the page?

i've been trying to figure it out for a while...

27 July, 2007 13:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some funny stuff, Eric! I didn't know you had a little Wordworth in you! ;-)

31 July, 2007 06:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home