www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Quickie Rant...

Just a quick post in case that last one: a) hurt your brain or b) made you question mine.

Two little pet peeves I would like to set straight... (clears throat):
  • At Starbucks, a 16 ounce, medium coffee is called by the Italian "grande" -- pronounced "GRAHN day" -- and, Ms./Mr. Barista, you do a fine job pronouncing that. But, please don't take that pronunciation to the next level and call the 20 ounce, large, aka "venti" (Italian for 20, for anyone who didn't know), by the name "VEN tay". It's pronounced "VEN tee".
  • And the letter "Σ" (hope this shows for you) is a Greek "S", not "E". It always rubs me the wrong way to see the word "GRΣΣK".

OK... I'm done now. Back to my usual cheerful, optimistic view on life.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Aynde said...

I always just walk in and say I want a medium white chocolate mocha. I'm pretty sure I have never uttered the word "grande" while in a starbucks. *laughs* I wonder if it drive the barista nuts.

Greek letter S eh? What about this in3rn3t tr3nd? Us3 of th3 numb3r thr33 for th3 l3tt3r E..... it drives me crackers.

07 October, 2007 18:36  
Blogger deannie said...

w00t - glad I am not the only one who orders a medium cuppa when in $tabuck$

08 October, 2007 00:25  
Blogger Eric said...

Rosa (http://rosarambles.blogspot.com) sent me this comment via IM, so I thought I'd share...

Next time in starbucks I'll ask for a Grande non fat no foam lottee?? or is that a Ventee lottea ??? whatever its labeled I hope the next time you have a Grande, its a grand day :)

08 October, 2007 13:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home